About Explore Movement
Explore Movement draws from a variety of non-competitive movement disciplines to engage and develop individuals physically and mentally. Training and concepts are inspired primarily from:
- Art du Déplacement
- Method Naturelle
while also taking inspiration from:
- Martial Arts
VisionA shift in culture that sees active recreation and our associated movement disciplines as accepted approaches to health and well being.
MissionFacilitating mental and physical development through movement practice.
PurposeFostering conscientious communities and individuals for the sustained development of positive movement practice.
FocusCommunity built by:
AltruismHelping others through our practice
- teaching and mentoring each other and people who wish to share our values and training
- giving our time to help with classes and the organisation
- helping each other by taking on responsibility when needed
StrengthIn mind, body and purpose
- strength of body through consistent physical training that causes an adaptive response
- strength of mind through regular fear training and trials
- strength of purpose by actually doing the training
PlayMaking sure to play fairly
- using play to learn and understand
- accepting of failure when in pursuit of understanding
- Keeping play on the spectrum of what we do
RespectFor each other, the founders and the environment
- appreciating each others contributions to the group.
- accepting of difference
- help each other to succeed and lift each other up
- minimising impact on training spaces
ResponsibilityFor ourselves and each other
- be strong alone to be strong together
- personal development and expression
- Innovation and learning in mentoring/coaching methods